ASCII March 2002 Agenda, Amsterdam

anna balint epistolaris at freemail.hu
Fri Mar 8 18:41:19 CET 2002

ASCII Internetworkplace presents:

March 2002 Agenda

Workshops (every tuesday night)
workshop,
                we'll talk about the progress of this work (this is not
                course!).
March 26        PHP web programming workshop
                PHP is a popular programming language to enhance your
website.
                In this workshop we tell you the basics of PHP
programming.
All workshops start at 19:30 and are free.

Playing with hardware
=====================
Always wondered what was in your computer, but never dared to open it?
Try it on our computers first! The March course is already full, but if
you're interested you can contact: stout at xs4all.nl
Course price 22,50 euros inc. screwdriver, coffee, tea and a reader.

International technology collective
===================================
There's a plan to start an international service provider for internet
activism.
Some people that want to start that are in Amsterdam on sunday, March
10,
and will tell about their plans in ascii (19:30).

Radio 100 news hour
===================
Every Friday from 18:00-19:00 live radio is made in ASCII, which is
broadcast on Radio 100 and on the internet at
http://squat.net/ascii/events.
If you have something to contribute you can contact harry at squat.net or
momo at squat.net.

GCA: Linux for girls
====================
Linux course for women, given by women
This course already started. If there are enough people interested, we
organise another one soon.
More information: http://www.genderchangers.org

Rent Troubles
=============
On July 27 2001 we (Sjakoo and ASCII) heard from the Woningbedrijf
Amsterdam
(our landlord) that our rent would be raised 900%. Since then there have

been various actions staged to fight this rent increase, as neither
ASCII
nor Sjakoo are in a position to be able to pay such an enormous rent.
The
battle still has not been decided: the WBA has not budged on the high
rent, but meanwhile, the city council seems to have realised the
importance of alternative culture in the city centre.
More info: http://www.xs4all.nl/~sjakoo/protest/index.html

Mumiaplein
==========
Meeting of the Amsterdam Mumia support organisation.
More information:       mumia at dds.nl
Website:                http://www.mumia.dds.nl/
When:                   March 21 (and every third Thursday of the month)

Recycling
=========
Most computers in ASCII are recycled computers, donated by companies or
individuals. We try to make working computers out of old parts.
The result is used in ASCII or given to NGO's or persons who need it.

Opening hours
ASCII is open daily: 14:00-19:00

ASCII Internetwerkplaats
Jodenbreestraat 24