No subject

Claudia Westermann media at ezaic.de
Mon Mar 4 16:15:43 CET 2002

Dear Katherine,

referring to your article
http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2002/03/01/netochka/print.html

 > Netochka's medium is the online mailing list. Posting as "antiorp" and,
more recently, "integer," she capriciously > takes over technical and
artistic discussions in forums such as the European Net arts list
Syndicate, says Steev > Hise, a Bay Area electronic artist.

please correct the link  to Syndicate mailing list to
http://anart.no/~syndicate

 > An appearance by Netochka frequently derails a mailing list, devolving
it into a flame war about free speech vs.
 > the rights of the community. Soon mailing-list members will be choosing
sides: the defenders of freedom of
 > expression at all costs! The fed-up denizens who just want her off the
list! And the few who believe they see the
 > brilliance in her indirection, the beauty in her sly, circumspect ways.
All talk of anything else is soon abandoned.

well ...
I think, it would have been better to do some research on your own.
Possibly you could have constructed an own opinion.

is research a time problem ? were you very much under time pressure ?
I cannot believe that one feels very comfortable with doing work in this way.
Sometimes it is very necessary to say 'no'.
A 'yes' to life.

with kind regards
claudia westermann

-----

Syndicate mailing list a communication project of Syndicate network.
Initiated by a meeting of 30 people at the Next Five Minutes in Amsterdam
1996, the Syndicate was established as a platform for the exchange of
information between East and West European cultural activists. Syndicate
network primarily consists of artists, art theorists and curators with an
interest in media culture. In February 2002 there are around 380
subscribers to Syndicate mailing list from more than 30 different European
and some non-European countries.