++quest.ting][le][, - is there anything to explore ?

Anna Balint epistolaris at freemail.hu
Tue Mar 19 12:54:32 CET 2002

>not many in this syndicate community r keen 2 x.plore _y_ or _how_.
>[link via 1 lined may.hemming & stitching in2 inserted trend.gloss]
>++quest.ting][le][,
>mez

My problem with Netochka is not that I would like to stop in the name of some authority to think over anything till
ultimate consequences, nor that  I would believe that the dangers of freedom could be diminished by its
suppression. Nor do I think that there is any place on earth or any aspect of human existence that cannot be
define as a mental game or construct. I am well aware  of dual contrasts of material-spiritual, good-bad and others
in subjectivity, ideology, fiction, arts, doctrines, starting from manicheism, ending with darwinism, marxism, or
contemporary nihilism.
My problem is with her use of these imageries out of any context. Many of us on this list  -  partly refugees of
recent modern totalitarianisms, others observers of the force of the unconsciuous, or the gnostic knowledge in the
commercial culture  - are well aware that used as practices of power,  these religious and gnostic imageries,  the
art of memory and the mnemonic phantasm,  communion, m9ndfuck as netochka says, the erotic ambiguity, the
universal language or the language of universal spirit, utopian nihilism  are well known methods of persuasion of the
individual and of the masses. Normally art has a socio-political and spiritual background, and moreover, avantgarde
aspired to change it by assuming social, political, or ritual tasks. As art is often is an exception in the frame of law,
it has became even an alibi of socio-political action.
But Netochka did not pronounce any affiliation, any background, any goal, neither she puts an emphasis on
awareness, she rather ambitions to perform all these techniques, rhetorics for manipulate her audience for
unknown purposes. She is provocative, she keep us busy apparently  for selfish aims. She does not take any
ethical position, neither she pursues cognitive goals,  there is hardly anything to argue with her.
[And by the way she said that she is a man, a very ugly one. A macho, I must say.]
I have serious objections and reserves when about the empty and self referential use of her knowledge, though its
is very funny and ridiculous at the same time. Eg. the story yestereday about the obedient wife fulfilling all wishes
of her husband is a masculine delirium:
many women divorce in the moment their husband pronounce the words "listen to me"
.
>si intr-o clipa in fata tinarului poznas aparu o fata de toata mindretea,
>buna si ascultatoare [zkrr], care si-a petrecut toate viata alaturi de el,
>continuind sa-i implineasca orice dorinta, dar dupa puterile unei
>sotii iubitoare si cuminti si nu unei broaste fermecate.

greetings,
anna