[syndicate] Re: Yes, but is it art?

Frederic Madre fmadre at wanadoo.fr
Mon Mar 11 10:21:56 CET 2002

At 10:36 11/03/02 +1100, self re:ply.cator wrote:
>i'm curious as 2 how u distinguish the difference? firstly, i'd lurve u 2 d.fine _beneficial_ in

I refuse. (go figure it for yourself, it's easy)

>>cross posting is the bane of mailing lists
>
>y, fred? u seem 2 b aligning yr perception with.in a niche that advocates members of  various mailing lists live under the i][a][ll.usion that the net.work perpetuates this insularism,

it bloody does. only micro-structures can survive around here

>nodes........r u really n.terested in promoting x.clusion & data closure b.cause of this top-down hierarchical slant in terms of network function?

not
at
all
(?!)

>>why are there different mailing lists ?
>n.deed, y r there? this _difference_ is telling........instead of operating via this divergent take, i c the net.work as a _whole_, operational in terms of infosharing & dispersal........

this is good.
look at nettime (this is bad)

>f, _u think|perceive this_. this is not a statement of fact [or |||||||||||||||history|||||||||||].

I have explained why. You don't seem to be able to explain why not
it seems that this is crucial

>i c it as _ratifiying_ the nature of mailing lists.......n][et][ature as d.fined by connexion, communicative points in an x.tendible net of flow & flux......do u want 2 x.clude those not so ego-n.trenched in this net.baggage?

I'm not excluding anyone, I just want to be part of certain MLs and others not

> if _xXx_ is subbed to syndicate but not 2 _reader-list_, and info is not cross-posted due to x.clusionary individualisation via blanket withdrawal of crucial info due 2 justifications such as u yr espousing, do u c that _xXx_ is then x.cluded from x.posure 2 info _from which_ they can then choose 2 x.pose themselves 2?

I find this incorrect.

>>lacking in reflexion about networking indeed
>
>it bothers me greatly that u'd offer these opinions & not firstly c that they r in fact _drenched with yr individualistic-ego driven spin_...as r my opinions....wot matters here 4 me is that this _community_ of mailing lists [in my case, network connectors]

there can be no such thing as a community of mailing lists

>u need 2 x.plain the community function 2 me, within the confines of a mailing list forum.

ok, now try this:
unsub from all mailing lists except one
this how this transforms your participation totally

of course, I suggest syndicate

it is a very simple exercise (which I have done myself) and it is most effective

>mez

> net.wurker][mez][
>[trans. loose. (e)NT][ity][]
>[sel][l][f  reply.cation]