___ R E A L T O K Y O MAIL MAGAZINE Vol. 84___

OZAKI Tetsuya ozaki at blue.ocn.ne.jp
Thu Jun 27 19:18:45 CEST 2002

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____6_28_2002_Fri_vol.84___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Out of Tokyo
Vol. 040: REAL Communication

(2) Tokyo no Shikakenintachi
Vol. 008: Fujihata Masaki, media artist

(3) Event Pick of the Week
The END

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 58 events
including 8 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Out of Tokyo

Vol. 040: REAL Communication

My editing career has been considerably long, and many times I was told by my
seniors to 'dedicate myself to my role in the background.' I like doing
interviews
because I'm generally curious, but in most of my interviews so far I've
been in fact
asking questions rather passively. In the future, however, I'd like to get
a little more
into the foreground by leading interviews more in the form of 'conversations.'

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/column/ozaki40.htm

(2) Tokyo no Shikakenintachi

RT editor Ozaki Tetsuya met media artist Fujihata Masaki, who is
supervising the
"Art.Bit Collection" exhibition that is currently shown at ICC, and spoke
with him
about this event, about his role in the future of NTT's ICC, about media
art in general,
etc.

Read the full interview at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/interview/fujihata01.htm

(3) Event Pick of the Week

The END (@ D&Department)

Tachibana Hajime has thought out and organized a Java programming group
Internet exhibition for mobile phones, and this is now shown also in a
real, existing
place. Participating artists include such attractive names as exonemo, John
Maeda,
or Tomato Interactive, but the location of this event, D&Department, is equally
interesting (please find data on the 'details' page). In this sense, "The
END" also be
seen as an event in which Tachibana, who has been trying to incorporate art
in trivial
scenes of daily life, and the D&Department producers question the common
understanding of 'exhibition space=museum.' The venue also provides a nice
setting
for relaxed appreciation of visuals and soothing electronic music.
--Murata Yuko

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?4,1032

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo, 4 Weeks

- RealCities

- Tokyo Visitors' Book

- Presents

and more…

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and convenient
for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us opinions or
productive suggestions concerning contents, structure, layouts,
etc. Three especially lucky readers who send a mail to
info at realtokyo.co.jp.
will be chosen and receive a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-------------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners on
our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get lots of
hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy information
on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events in town.
Please contact the following email address for dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to change
your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received by
email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2002 REALTOKYO