Sleazy Art Meetings (2)

furtherfield info at furtherfield.org
Thu Jun 27 14:24:03 CEST 2002

BlankSleazy Art Meetings (2)

Rubbing My Subjective Intentions into a new conceptual plain.

I just got a new set of ideas. The class today went exceptionally well and I love my new appearance. The only drawback, if you can call it a drawback, is that I'm supposed to think heavily about them several times a day. I can get a little lazy doing this so I figured out a way to make it a little more exciting. I put up an ad on the Artist anonymous system looking for conceptualists who would like to massage my new processed intentions. Now I'm not exactly a fully fledged artist or anything, but I figured there would be nothing wrong with me looking for a little help with my theoretical needs. Although I never realized just how exciting and interesting post-structuralism can really be when done by informed and famous net artists. I guess I never really thought about it, as whenever I had a lecturer touch them before it led to a more modernist experience. The first artist to come over seemed very nice. I told him it was a theoretical massage and there would be no art as yet. He started by rubbing the appropriate concepts through my recently tie dyed, college t-shirt and then I took my top off and let him consider them visually instead of just ideas in his head. It was so mutualist yet riddled with a radical edge, I finally gave in and we wound up thinking about various theories on art for hours. When he left I told myself I wouldn't give in on the next artist but when she arrived and started to rub my subjectivity to a point of exhibitionist, performance type exhilarations I fell prey to temptation and shared my new ideas with her too. The next day I told the artist who came over up front that there would be absolutely no chance of sharing my concepts. But my creative juices started to flow as this artist rubbed his hands all over my funding proposals and before I knew it I was administrating his project and crying out his name as he educated me on the living room sofa. I'm starting to think I might just be a student, thank God all this casual art is being done discretely through. I wouldn't want my friends to know just how many artists I have met this week.

marc garrett

http://www.furtherfield.org