___ R E A L T O K Y O MAIL MAGAZINE Vol. 82___

Tetsuya OZAKI ozaki at blue.ocn.ne.jp
Thu Jun 13 19:13:18 CEST 2002

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____6_14_2002_Fri_vol.82___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) ***NEW COLUMN***: Tokyo Editors' Diary
Vol. 001: Baba Masataka ("A" magazine)

(2) Out of Tokyo
Vol. 039: Apres-Show Appreciation

(3) Tokyo Visitors' Book
Vol. 28: Roland Groenenboom

(4) Event Pick of the Week
Philippe Chatelain Exhibition: line. surface. noise

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 57 events
including 10 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) ***NEW COLUMN*** Tokyo Editors' Diary

In succession of COMPOSITE editor Sugatsuke Masanobu's long-runner on RT,
"Tokyo Culture Diary," we decided to ask also other Tokyo-based magazine
editors to
allow our readers some peeks into their busy schedules. The first one who
sent us a
couple of lines was "A" magazine editor Baba Masataka. Share his experiences on
an Okinawa trip just minutes after the Japanese soccer team had scored a
respectable
1:1 against Belgium:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/english/diary/f_diary.htm

(2) Out of Tokyo vol. 39: Apres-Show Appreciation

A little later than originally planned, here are RT editor Ozaki Tetsuya's
comments on
two noteworthy recent events:

What I was originally planning to write about in the last volume of this
column is the
Indian theatre play "Kitchen Katha, which I saw on May 25, the day of
Pakistan's missile
test launches (@ Shibuya's Space Edge). Some kind of a 'meta-theatre,' the
piece was
set in the kitchen of an Indian residence, where women were singing and
telling stories
about their traditionally secluded life in this part of the house. It was a
little bitter that the
play was not completely subtitled but, preparing food on stage and
distributing it in the
audience, or using their kitchen utensils as musical instruments, the
actresses showed
all kinds of imaginative entertainment (and I was amazed about how well
they were
dealing with getting totally wet and covered with powder).

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/column/ozaki39.htm

(3) Tokyo Visitors' Book

The 28th entry comes from Roland Groenenboom, a Dutch curator who is now
working
at the Museu d'Art Contemporani de Barcelona (don't forget to listen to his
meaningful
message to REALTOKYO readers!):

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/
(Open the window from the top page)

(4) Event Pick of the Week

Philippe Chatelain Exhibition: line. surface. noise

Japan resident French CG artist Philippe Chatelain covers Rocket's walls
with computer
graphic 'wallpapers' of minute lines, and on top of this surface videos are
projected. In
addition, there is noise (music?) to go with the images. This simple
construction will
already turn Rocket into an interesting exhibition space, but what is even
more attractive
about this event are the daily changing guest musicians that perform
'headphone live
sets.' It will be interesting how C. Charles, DJ Yim (from Flyrec), Carl
Stone, or Yuzo
Kako match their sounds with the visuals, and the visitors that are
listening to this on
headphones promise to produce a unique scenery. The trick is that they have
only 25
headphones, so those who secure themselves one first will hopefully pass it
to others
during the shows.
--Andreas

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?4,1021

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo, 4 Weeks

- Tokyo Culture Diary

- Presents

and more…

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and convenient
for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us opinions or
productive suggestions concerning contents, structure, layouts,
etc. Three especially lucky readers who send a mail to
info at realtokyo.co.jp.
will be chosen and receive a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

--------------------------PR--------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners on
our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get lots of
hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy information
on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events in town.
Please contact the following email address for dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to change
your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received by
email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2002 REALTOKYO