___ R E A L T O K Y O MAIL MAGAZINE Vol. 81___

Tetsuya OZAKI ozaki at blue.ocn.ne.jp
Thu Jun 6 18:04:14 CEST 2002

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____6_7_2002_Fri_vol.81___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Out of Tokyo
Vol. 038: Ballett Frankfurt

(2) Tokyo Visitors' Book
Vol. 027: Han Ji-seung

(3) Tokyo Culture Diary
Vol. 030

(4) Event Pick of the Week
Le Passager (The Traveller)

(5) Presents
On The Way, Computers

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 51 events
including 12 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Out of Tokyo

Volume 038: Ballett Frankfurt in Danger!

This time I was originally planning to write about the fabulous
performances of "Kitchen
Katha" and a certain exhibition that was held in Tokyo, but I suddenly
changed my plans,
and even the time schedule for this volume of my column. What led me to
this decision
is the fact that the existence of William Forsythe's "Ballett Frankfurt" is
presently on the
verge of being closed down. The city of Frankfurt is considering to let the
contract run
out in 2004.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/column/ozaki36.htm

*additional note:
a press release in German and English summarizing a meeting between William
Forsythe and Frankfurt city officials, that was held on June 3, can be
found on the
official web site of Ballett Frankfurt.

http://www.frankfurt-ballett.de/frame.html

(2) Tokyo Visitors' Book

Tokyo visitor number 27 is film director Han Ji-seung from Seoul:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/english/visitors/visitors-e/han.htm

(3) Tokyo Culture Diary

Sugatsuke Masanobu on his last days in Paris:

After beginning the day slowly, the Kenzo show starts at 1pm. The
collection is done
by young designer Gilles Rosier, but it's lacking any punch. The next one
is Cosmic
Wonder, and the shows of this Osaka-based team, who are presenting their
creations
now even here in Paris, are getting better each time. The motif of this
time's collection
is 'curtains,' and the models are standing still in upright position just
like dummies.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/composite/0030-sugatsuke.htm

(4) Event Pick of the Week

Le Passager (The Traveller)

The reviews you find on our 'Cinema' page are usually contributed by
writers after
watching a preview screening. "Le Passager (The Traveller)," however, is a
film I
haven't seen, but since this is director Abbas Kiarostami's debut feature
film, it's safe
to recommend. The protagonist of this movie is a ten-year-old boy who loves
soccer,
and travels to Teheran to see a match after stealing money from his parents
and telling
his teacher lies. Just by reading the synopsis one can guess that this film
probably
contains much of the essence of the later Kiarostami. "Le Passager" is
shown only
twice as part of a 'soccer in movies' special, and I really recommend to
catch it in
between the world cup matches.
--Oz

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?1,1609

(5) Presents

This week REALTOKYO gives away invitations to a special screening of "On
The Way"
+ talk show, as well as one copy of "Computers - An Illustrated History" by
Ch. Wurster.
Closing dates: June 10 for "On The Way," and June 20 for "Computers".

To apply and for further information, please see:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/present/present.htm

Next week on RT:

- Out of Tokyo

- Tokyo Visitors' Book

- Presents

and more…

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and convenient
for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us opinions or
productive suggestions concerning contents, structure, layouts,
etc. Three especially lucky readers who send a mail to
info at realtokyo.co.jp.
will be chosen and receive a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

---------------------------PR------------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners on
our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get lots of
hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy information
on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events in town.
Please contact the following email address for dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to change
your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received by
email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2002 REALTOKYO