[syndicate] Greenaway says cinema is dead

stalker stalker at bart.nl
Mon Jul 29 10:07:38 CEST 2002

> Greenaway says cinema is dead
He's been saying that for at least 6 years. Meanwhile Greenaway the film
maker is dead too. Part of his work might be shown on a screen but I think
he's going in directions that no longer smell like cinema. To attempt to
understand his work, one would better not use the tools which allow one to
experience cinema.
He's a painter who's done some films, exhibitions, operas, artifacts, going
his own way. Good bye Mr Filmmaker. (who knows, maybe we'll meet again)
Christian Skina