V2_: Body Movies by Rafael Lozano-Hemmer wins two awards

marjolein at v2.nl marjolein at v2.nl
Fri Jul 19 12:43:32 CEST 2002

The giant shadow play Body Movies, Relational Architecture #6 by Rafael
Lozano-Hemmer (CDN/MEX) has won two awards. The interactive installation in
public space  a production of V2_  took place in August and September 2001
at the Schouwburgplein, a square in the center of Rotterdam, The
Netherlands. The publication TransUrbanism features a review of the whole
Relational Architecture series and an interview with the artist Rafael
Lozano-Hemmer.

Golden Award 2002, Interactive Media Design Review from I.D. Magazine (June
2002)
I.D. Magazine is America's leading critical magazine covering the art,
business and culture of design. Issues include the Annual Design Review,
America's largest and most prestigious juried design-recognition program,
published since 1954. The Design Review showcases the best American and
international design in the areas of Consumer Products, Furniture,
Equipment, Environments, Packaging, Graphics, Concepts and Student Projects.

In 1995, I.D. added a new category to the Review, Interactive Media, which
explores design issues in this dynamic field. In response to the growing
popularity of this category, I.D. now devotes a special issue each June the
I.D. Interactive Media Design Review to feature the best interactive
designs of the year. I.D.'s Interactive Media Design Review spotlights the
most innovative interactive designs in 7 categories - everything from
CD-ROMs, DVDs, games and kiosks to software installations, Web sites,
experimental and student work.

The winners of the 2002 Interactive Media Design Review will be featured in
the November issue of I.D. Magazine.
More information can be found on: www.idonline.com

2nd Prize Interactive Arts, Prix Ars Electronica 2002 from the ORF
(Austrian Broadcasting Corporation Regional Studio)
The Prix Ars Electronica was established in 1987 within the Ars Electronica
Festival by the Austrian Broadcasting Corporation Regional Studio. This
international competition for cyberarts represents an interdisciplinary
platform for the works of artists and scientists from different areas of
digital media. More than 10,000 artists from more than 60 countries
worldwide participated with around 15,000 projects since 1987. The annual
results: the Prix Ars Electronica is an international known and current
trend barometer of digital media art and illustrates the cultural and
social implications of digital media. The winners are chosen by five
international expert juries.

More information can be found on: www.aec.at