[syndicate] Re: a corporate session

HŒvard Boland howard at botrykk.no
Fri Jul 19 02:25:35 CEST 2002

Interesting perspective - fakes. It has now become a postmodern game...I
wrote an essay on fakes if anyone cares to read....(main reference to
Deleuze & Guttari)..I hope you see the pun in the layout(!)
http://prinfo.no/boland/hyperfiction/written/fake.htm

It is especially interesting to see how you've used fake as a form of
resistance....and...maybe in America more than here in the UK...the public
space has become a corporate space.

(Oh the reference to a modest proposal was a book written during the Irish
famine containing recipe on how to prepare an Irish child for cooking. The
book was a satire – a fake, it was however taken literally and caused
havoc. )

on the other side you have the idea of machinic aesthetics vs. human
aesthetic I know that the v2 group is into this but from an assemblage
point of view, at the moment I am in discussions with some if the
corporate design is so rigid even in its logo style….which I guess is what
I am trying to “prove”/ “eliza proof”, that the rules can be taken up by a
computer and thus be “competing” against corporate creation (using the
means of itself – (terrorism-a dangerous word to use in mails these
days)).

Thank you very much for you input! I will do some searching on those
points Anna.
take care,
howard