___ R E A L T O K Y O MAIL MAGAZINE Vol. 87___

OZAKI Tetsuya ozaki at blue.ocn.ne.jp
Thu Jul 18 17:57:17 CEST 2002

R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____7_19_2002_Fri_vol.87___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Tokyo Visitors' Book
Vol. 31: Ed Burton

(2) Tokyo Editors' Diary
Vol. 004: Nakanishi Daisuke (Little More)

(3) Event Pick of the Week
7 Hours Special: Andrew Weatherall

(4) Presents
Active Suspension CDs

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 54 events
including 11 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Tokyo Visitors' Book

Tokyo visitor number 31 is Ed Burton, who came from London to show an army of
"sodaconstructor" characters at the "Art.Bit Collection" exhibition at ICC.

Find his answers in the "Tokyo Visitors' Book" section, to access from the
Top page
or from the pull-down Menu.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(2) Tokyo Editors' Diary

Vol. 004: Nakanishi Daisuke from "Little More" magazine

July 6

It's Saturday, the second day since the first volume of the renewed "Little
More"
magazine (vol. 21, summer issue) came out. After having Chinese soba noodles at
Hideya, a hidden but well-known restaurant on Nakahara Kaido near Marukobashi,
I'm heading for Shibuya. I'm checking the places where our magazine is
sold, such
as Sanseido, Tower Records, Parco Book Center, Book First, HMV, etc.
While "Little More" has suddenly become a magazine that was just used to
fill up
empty shelves in book shops in my neighborhood, these places here are handling
it very well and display it properly. For a moment I'm sunken into my thankful
feelings for the shops' kindness and the admiration of their efforts, and
I'm thinking
about the future of culture magazines like ours.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/diary/0004-henshucho.htm

(3) Event Pick of the Week

7 Hours Special: Andrew Weatherall

With Two Lone Swordsmen and his other countless projects he has been among
the top artists of the British IDM/electronica scene for several years. As
a DJ, Andy
Weatherall convinces through a deep musical knowledge and a refined sense,
producing mix CDs/tapes and DJ performances of music ranging from new wave
and '80s alternative funk to the latest minimal techno and house sounds. To
invite
this excellent compiler for a long set seems only natural, and Andrew
Weatherall is
in fact one of the few people who guarantee a 7-hour show that will be
captivating
from the first to the last second.
--Andreas

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?2,1152

(4) Presents

As part of the Plop label's "France Fair," the label announces to give one
free copy
each of four releases from French unique electronica label Active Suspension to
REALTOKYO readers. For details please check the Presents page.
We are also giving away special press pamphlets of the movie "Dust," as well as
invitations to the "Art.Bit Collection" exhibition.

For more info check:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/present/present.htm

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo, 4 Weeks

- Tokyo Visitors' Book

- Presents

and more…

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and convenient
for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us opinions or
productive suggestions concerning contents, structure, layouts,
etc. Three especially lucky readers who send a mail to
info at realtokyo.co.jp.
will be chosen and receive a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

------------------------PR-------------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners on
our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get lots of
hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy information
on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events in town.
Please contact the following email address for dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to change
your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received by
email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2002 REALTOKYO