Performance Art and Photography

Boris Nieslony asabank at asa.de
Wed Jul 10 10:23:45 CEST 2002

We have to organize the 10th  Performance Art conference. Theme is:

"Performance Art and  Photography"

take place Gallery 68elf, October 4th till 27th 2002
All textes will
- published in our internet magazin " slaps banks plots "
- will show as a kind of "reading discussions" in the spaces of the
conference

Questions:
Photography from and through performances.
We invited some photographer to present there Photography's from
different performances and we will include in this exhibition texts and
statements by performance artists about this theme.
Periphery of this question is performance done for photography, film or
video and performance as photography, with photography and new media.
(In some theoretical turns it will be reflect to).
To take photos from performance is a different way of " to capable of
understanding"
as to watch performance as beholder or audience.
The photographer which take photos during a performance participate in
performers work
The photographer which take photos during a performance do his complete
own work
Questions:
How he do this and how is the influence in the performance. (the whole
spectrum)
How is the influence from the performance to the results in the photos,
in the field of photography ? Parallelism - photography as performance,
style and so on.
How is the tri-point-situation: audience - performer - photographer.
What kind of quality represent the photos ? Documentation for the
performer versus creativity by the photographer.
Double-bind in the performance-artists: the good shoot, the right
moment, snapshot versus image-ban.
Double-bind in the photographer
Double-bind between the works
How to handle the copyright.

That's the facts, why we don't realize life performances in this
research.

Do you know some texts in the history by performance artists, theorists
and so on ??

I invite you to send me some texts or statements, not more than one
page. All texts we combine as a kind of visual discourse, a rhetorical
force of discussion in the exhibition.

Deadline: end of July

Thanks for your participation.

With respect