Spam King Living High In The Bayou

anna balint epistolaris at freemail.hu
Thu Jul 4 13:20:38 CEST 2002

[look like spammers understand bulk mail not as we do, as repeated mails, but their interpretation it is closer to wurking
(one blue card to mez) and reaching massive audience. there are some 6 billion sensors in this world, what a business!
greetings, anna]

Spam King Living High In The Bayou
http://ctnow.com/hc-scelson.artjun30.story

"With e-mail, I can guarantee you 80 million people," says Scelson, a self-taught computer repairman turned
professional bulk e-mailer. "I can touch more people in a day's time than the Super Bowl can."...
Ronnie Scelson - and scores of spammers like him - are the people who stuff the nation's computer in-boxes with junk
e-mail....
Legions of e-mail users may regard spam as the scourge of the Internet, but Scelson is unapologetic about sending it.
To him, Internet e-mail is just another vehicle for advertising - like billboards, newspapers and the sides of buses...
At one point last year, Scelson claims, he was sending more bulk e-mail than anyone in America: tens of millions of
messages a day to his carefully nurtured list of working e-mail addresses....
Though also secretive about some of his dealings, Scelson is one of the few spammers willing to talk publicly about his
bulk e-mail service, which starts, he says, at $1,000 a day...
In online salvos, Scelson has called anti-spammers "self-appointed dictators" and "cyber-Nazis." His critics have fired
back equally colorful insults, calling Scelson "Ronnie the Rodent" and describing him as a "scamming thief," a "liar," a
"cretin," a "terrorist sunuvabitch" and "100% true-blue opportunistic spamming scum."...

.