___ R E A L T O K Y O MAIL MAGAZINE Vol. 63___

Tetsuya OZAKI ozaki at blue.ocn.ne.jp
Thu Jan 31 19:18:46 CET 2002

   R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____2_1_2002_Fri_vol.63___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Tokyo Culture Diary:
Vol. 022

(2) Event Pick of the Week

(3) Present

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 42 events
including 10 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Tokyo Culture Diary

(by Sugatsuke Masanobu, Chief Editor of Composite Magazine)

November 15 (Thu)

Someone from an American advertising agency is visiting to discuss
a planned advertisement in COMPOSITE for a certain overseas brand
in 2002. Since we did that 'stereo effect' Chanel ad on the cover
last year, I had several such meetings, and since today's guests
tell me that they bought a copy of COMPOSITE in New York and came
all the way to Tokyo for the meeting, I'm especially happy.

In the evening I'm visiting the opening party of A.P.C. in Marunouchi,
an area that is recently attracting more and more brands to open a
boutique there. Typically for Marunouchi, the place is huge, as is
the number of invited guests.

Find more of this, along with a review of another encounter with
Bjork's exceptional taste at:
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/composite/0022-sugatsuke.htm

(2) Event Pick of the Week

On the one condition that the weather won't change dramatically
within the next two days, this weekend sounds like a perfect
occasion for a trip to Yokohama's Portside Gallery.

Memory of Lights

Pieces of iron of various sizes, that make up a perfectly round-
shaped plate, are lying on the floor. Visitors can produce peculiar
sounds by hitting on those fragments, using sticks or wooden balls.
This is Kanazawa Kenichi's work, "Fragments of Sound." Katayama
Masahito is represented with abstract paintings that lightly move
the visitor's heart with their subtle layers of different colors.
Especially works such as "Himaku" have something voluptuous, so
that one really feels like touching them. Keywords, however, are
'delicacy' and 'subtlety.' Enjoy this exhibition as one that pleases
the sense of sight, the sense of hearing, and the sense of touch at
the same time (but don't touch the artworks!).
-Oz

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?4,864

(3) Presents

"Apocalypse Now Redux" is going to start on February 2, and we
still offer the chance to get one of the apocalyptic postcard
sets. Also, don't forget to check out REALTOKYO's special "Apocalypse
Then" questionnaire (just click the banner on our Top page), if you
haven't done so yet.

To apply and for further information, please see:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/present/present.htm

Next week on RT:

- Out of Tokyo

- Tokyo Visitors' Book

and more…

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and convenient
for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us opinions or
productive suggestions concerning contents, structure, layouts,
etc. Three especially lucky readers who send a mail to
info at realtokyo.co.jp.
will be chosen and receive a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

---PR------------------------------------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners on
our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get lots of
hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy information
on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events in town.
Please contact the following email address for dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to change
your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_ja.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received by
email.