Designing Interactive Systems - DIS2002 - London

Claudia Westermann media at ezaic.de
Thu Jan 24 14:36:45 CET 2002

DIS2002 - London - June 25 - 28 2002
British Museum

http://www.acm.org/sigs/sigchi/dis2002/index.html

Interactive systems are increasingly embedded in the ways we live and work.
Technical boundaries are evolving in many directions, from design in the
small – the products that individuals use – to design in the large –
socio-technical systems that groups and communities use. Yet even
experienced organisations are only now beginning to understand the skills,
resources, and processes needed to produce results that respond to people’s
needs and desires. Improving our understanding of the processes of
designing, and assessing the quality of interactive devices and systems
have become key success factors in business. How can we move in new design
directions? How can we gain insight into users’ needs? Who must participate
in the design process? What makes our designs successful?

DIS2002 aims to bring together all dimensions of design in a single
conference. Together, we will confront the challenge of designing
interactive systems that successfully meet users’ needs and delight the
people who use them. As with the previous DIS conferences, the goal of
DIS2002 is to better understand the practice of designing interactive
systems and how it can be improved. DIS2002 will extend our collective
knowledge by sharing experiences of what works and how the highest quality
results can be achieved.

http://www.acm.org/sigs/sigchi/dis2002/submissions/index.html

DIS2002 invites you to submit contributions in a variety of forms: papers,
design cases, exhibits, tutorials, workshops, master classes, and a
post-graduate symposium.
We invite contributions from those who practice, those who research, and
those who benefit from the consequences of interactive system design. You
may be working in industry, government, a design practice, a consultancy
bureau, or an academic institution. We recognise the need for contributors
to reflect on their experience and present their insights in a structured
and accessible form. The seeks to build on existing knowledge, rather than
starting from scratch.