\/\

integer at www.god-emil.dk integer at www.god-emil.dk
Sat Feb 23 20:05:30 CET 2002

http://www-mugc.cc.monash.edu.au/~maum/ikomat-02.htm

**KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT - THE ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE
WAY**

International Workshop on Intelligent Knowledge
Management
Techniques (I-KOMAT’ 2002) is a technical forum for
exchanging
current and future research results /ideas involving
Computational
Intelligence for identification, analysis and control
of knowledge
assets and processes. The scope of I-KOMAT’ 2002
covers both
design and application aspects of various Artificial
Intelligence
Techniques like Artificial Neural Networks, Fuzzy
Systems,
Evolutionary algorithms, Hybrid systems, Agents,
Support
Vector Machine etc.

I-KOMAT’ 2002 offers an Interdisciplinary Platform to
all
researchers, developers and practitioners dealing with
AI
based modeling, ontology and planning techniques
supporting knowledge management.

Authors are invited to submit their original and
unpublished
work that demonstrate current research in all areas of

computational intelligence including design of
artificial
neural networks, fuzzy systems, evolutionary
algorithms,
hybrid systems, agents, and their applications to
knowledge
management.

Topics of interest include but not limited to:

*Design and modeling aspects of the following
Computational
  Intelligence Techniques and their applications to
science, technology,
  commerce, social science and economics:

-Artificial Neural Networks and Probabilistic
Reasoning
-Genetic Algorithms
-Evolution Strategies
-Genetic Programming
-Evolutionary Programming
-Learning Classifiers
-Fuzzy Systems including Fuzzy logic and possibility
theory, Fuzzy expert systems, Fuzzy system modeling
and simulation
-Hybrid Soft Computing Techniques like Neuro-Fuzzy,
fuzzy-GA, GA-Fuzzy etc.
-Intelligent Agents including Multi-Agents, Autonomous
Agents
and Cooperative Agents
-Support Vector Machines
-Bayesian networks and probabilistic reasoning
-Rough sets
-Case-based Reasoning

*Data and Knowledge Representation: planning and
description logics

*Data and knowledge visualization

*Knowledge acquisition

*Models and frameworks of Data Mining techniques

*Reasoning methods and technologies

*Knowledge and belief, belief revision and update,
non-monotonic
formalisms, uncertainty

Paper Submission

Authors of contributed and invited papers are
requested to submit,
before March 31, 2002, an article not exceeding five
pages, of their
research presentation. Submission implies the
willingness of at least
one of the authors to register and present the paper.
The conference
proceedings will be published worldwide by IOS Press,
Amsterdam,
the Netherlands.

Papers must correspond to the requirements detailed in
IOS Instructions
for the Preparation of a Camera-Ready Manuscript. All
full papers are to
be submitted in PDF, postscript or MS word version
electronically to:
maumita.bhattacharya at infotech.monash.edu.au.

Hard copies should be sent only if electronic
submission is not possible.
All papers will be peer reviewed by at least two
independent referees of
the international program committee of I-KOMAT'02.

Extended versions of selected papers will be
considered for publication in
the KES Journal (International Journal of
Knowledge-Based Intelligent
Engineering Systems).

Important Dates
Submission deadline: March 31, 2002
Notification of acceptance: April 22, 2002
Camera-ready papers due: May 18, 2002