___ R E A L T O K Y O MAIL MAGAZINE Vol. 66___

Tetsuya OZAKI ozaki at blue.ocn.ne.jp
Fri Feb 22 04:12:28 CET 2002

   R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____2_22_2002_Fri_vol.66___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Tokeo, 4 Weeks
JAM: Tokyo-London

(2) Out of Tokyo
Vol. 031

(3) Event Pick of the Week
Nibroll: "Coffee"

(4) Presents

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 53 events
including 12 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Tokyo, 4 Weeks

JAM: Tokyo-London

At the time I put together the first JAM in 1996 Goldie's anthem
for urban life rang out of the clubs and independent record stores
across town; 'inner city life, inner city pressure.' The drum 'n'
bass groove was everywhere and was like the fuel for a creative
surge that was happening in a variety of media $B%_(B but most obviously
in graphics and fashion and lens based media. I began to think
about the city and what made it exciting. JAM was about wanting
to make something vital and unique that reflected on the special
nature of urban creativity; something that reflected the chaos of
the city, the passion of sharing ideas and the love of music.

Read more at
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/4weeks/0065-alison.htm

(2) Out of Tokyo

Vol. 031: A Red Book and a Yellow Book

I received a book with the title, "The Colour Red," from Jenny White
of The British Council. Jenny is now back in London, but until two
years ago she was in charge of the cultural department at The British
Council in Tokyo. The 'red' in the title apparently symbolizes Japan,
but this is a detail I don't want to discuss any further here. Goal
of this book is "to provide a summary of the opportunities in Japan
for artists, arts practitioners and companies in the UK providing
goods or services in the creative industries," but, browsing through
its pages, I realized that this one might be interesting for Japanese
as well.

Read more at
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/column/ozaki31.htm

(3) Event Pick of the Week

Nibroll: "Coffee"

There was a time when dance could rely on mere body movement to give
a snapshot of an era. Recently it is Nibroll, who personify best the
atmosphere of modern urban life, through attaching great importance
to the added values of film, music, art and fashion. Briskly walking
bodies produce an even real picture of contemporary cityscapes when
coupled with visuals, and clumsily long limbs produce even more
humoresque scenes when put on tricycles. This is where the abundance
of watching dance performances nowadays lies.
--Kanikoji Kinuko

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?3,378

(4) Presents

15 couples/30 people will be invited to a preview screening of
"Oriume." To apply and for further information, please see:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/present/present.htm

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo Culture Diary

- Tokyo Visitors' Book

and more˙

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and convenient
for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us opinions or
productive suggestions concerning contents, structure, layouts,
etc. Three especially lucky readers who send a mail to
info at realtokyo.co.jp.
will be chosen and receive a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

---PR------------------------------------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners on
our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get lots of
hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy information
on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events in town.
Please contact the following email address for dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to change
your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received by
email.