___ R E A L T O K Y O MAIL MAGAZINE Vol. 65___

Tetsuya OZAKI ozaki at blue.ocn.ne.jp
Thu Feb 14 16:29:48 CET 2002

   R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____2_15_2002_Fri_vol.65___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) Tokyo Culture Diary
Vol. 023

(2) Event Pick of the Week

(3) Tokyo Visitors' Book

(4) Presents

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 44 events
including 11 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) Tokyo Culture Diary

November 29 (Thu)

Following a recommendation by photographer Yoshinaga Masayuki $B%_(B
the best in Japan when you give him something wicked to shoot.
I'm at Korakuen Hall to watch a boxing fight with Kawasaki Tatsuki.
I find myself among other journalists the photographer has invited.
It's actually the first time I'm seeing a real boxing match (not
counting some show-fighting entertainment I saw), and since our
seats are right next to the ring, the sounds of the fighters'
strikes make this an impressive experience.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/composite/0023-sugatsuke.htm

(2) Event Pick of the Week

Itoh Kim Dance Selection

Different from other performance artists that started with Butoh,
but later discovered that ballet or modern dance is actually much
more their thing, Itoh Kim's path leads consistently and resolutely
from his early Butoh days with Furukawa Anzu, to his recent
choreographical works for international dance stars. This is surely
one reason why he has shot up from a newcomer to one of today's
representatives of Japanese stage art within not much more than ten
years. As a selection of three different pieces, this event showcases
Itoh's skills as a dancer with his 'Glorious Future' troupe, as well
as an internationally acclaimed choreographer in celebrated pieces
performed by Australian 'Chunky Move' and Canadian Dominique Porte.
--Andreas

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/event_cgi/ev_viewE.cgi?3,418

(3) Tokyo Visitors' Book

The 22nd entry in our guest book comes from French architect,
Dominique Lyon, who is participating in a contest todecide who
will be assigned to rebuild the French Embassy, Tokyo.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/english/visitors/visitors-e/lyon.htm

(4) Presents

Shinoyama Kishin gives away 5 copies of DVDs with photographies of
Shiratori Chieko, part of his "digi-KISHIN" website.
Also, one lucky reader will receive a hand-signed copy of Kobayashi
Shinicho's collection of 'ruin' photos, titled "Japanese Deathtopia."

To apply and for further information, please see:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/present/present.htm

Next week on RT:

- Out of Tokyo

- Presents

and more˙

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and convenient
for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us opinions or
productive suggestions concerning contents, structure, layouts,
etc. Three especially lucky readers who send a mail to
info at realtokyo.co.jp.
will be chosen and receive a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

---PR------------------------------------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners on
our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get lots of
hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy information
on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events in town.
Please contact the following email address for dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to change
your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_ja.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received by
email.