Unicum

anna balint potemkin at freemail.hu
Tue Feb 5 16:48:58 CET 2002

The interview with ULAY by Vladimir Bulat was published in ART-hoc magazine nr.18/december 2001.

well done this real work.
i don't know how exactly to advance....
1001 greetings,
anna

the performance work of Marina Abramovic and Ulay is pretty well documented
on the internet.
http://www.aces.utexas.edu/sam/images/dissertation/The%20Lovers%20photos/
UNICUM: So where is the difference between the new art-generation and you?
Abramovic: You remember me walking the chinese wall in 1988 with Ulay...
UNICUM:...your former partner Uwe Laysiepen, with whom you had been working
for 12 years...
Abramovic:... we had walked, both from the opposite end, for 90 days until
we met in the middle. Nine years later, I saw a video-installation of a
beatifull chinese boy walking naked the chinese wall. So I asked the artist
: "How long have you been walking?" He said: "Well, for three minutes".
That's the difference.
http://www.werkleitz.de/events/biennale2000/E/katalog/abramovic_ulay.html
"Rest Energy"
NL 1980, Video, 4:12 min, b&w
Standing across from one another in slanted position
Looking each other in the eye.
I hold a bow and Ulay holds the string with the arrow
pointing directly to my heart.
Microphones attached to both hearts recording
the increasing number of heart beats.
(Marina Abramovic)
Filenév: message.footer
-----Syndicate mailinglist-----------------------