[syndicate] Streaming Media (URL) (fwd)

H. Haggerty herbert_haggerty at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 31 02:26:47 CET 2002

I like this example of low tech communication between human brain computers.

Denton's name first came to the attention of the American public in 1966,
during a television interview arranged by the North Vietnamese in Hanoi.
Prior to the interview, torture and threats of more torture were applied to
intimidate him to "respond properly and politely. " During the interview,
after the journalist's recitation of alleged U.S. "war atrocities," Denton
was asked about his support of U.S. policy concerning the war. He replied:

(saying the words to the cameras and feigning eye strain in the harsh tv
lights)

"I don't know what is happening now in Vietnam, because the only news sources
I have are North Vietnamese, but whatever the position of my government is, I
believe in it, I support it, and I will support it as long as I live."

Denton blinked his eyes in Morse Code,
repeatedly spelling out a covert message: "T-O-R-T-U-R-E".

http://dentons.acun.com/Jeremiah%20Andrew%20Denton.htm

The interview, which was broadcast on American television on May 17, 1966,
was the first confirmation that American POWs in Vietnam were being tortured.

Alan Sondheim  wrote:

For a lighter note

-Alan---------- Forwarded message ----------