dear diary, so you are dead

Brilliant Sunshine herbert_haggerty at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 8 17:41:47 CET 2002

so you are dead now David. 2 days dead, in the ground.
was that liqued love rush mainer good while it lasted,
while it rushed in, before you BECAME dead?

dead    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (dd)
Having lost life; no longer alive.
Not having the capacity to live; inanimate or inert.
Not having the capacity to produce or sustain life.
No longer in existence, use, or operation.
No longer having significance or relevance.
Not commercially productive; idle.
Not circulating or running.
Devoid of human or vehicular activity.
Lacking all animation, excitement, or activity.

i am not dead yet, as far as i know. so i will put you
on the internet where you will be archived for the
rest of human history, at least this for age.

was it Vietnam, David? you're voice would always trail
off "A bunch of scared kids..." and you wouldn't talk
about it. you must have killed someone, maybe up
close, close enough to see him die. maybe you found a
photo of his daughter on his body. maybe you shot a
woman or child or old person; whatever it was, you did
not let it go.

was it prison David? you spent a lot of time there.
but you were always such a gentle soul, even still. we
had some times, right? that time i stopped breathing
and you blew air into me and i thought it was so funny
that i burst out laughing, breathing in, with a
whoooosh!!

we dreamed of dirty blue ballons. we waited so long
for him to come. we paid him with everything we had.
and now you went with him. a nice little hotshot, a
ticket to ride.