[syndicate] French Netart - 1st update

H. Haggerty herbert_haggerty at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 17 03:33:05 CET 2002

> language and its various forms plays an essential
> role in Netart.

machine translation is still in its infancy. this will be much less of
a problem in the near future

my darling! why have you betrayed me? don't do this to me.

yo bitch! why you be trippin? don't play me like that.

http://www.theonion.com/onion2907/i_am_a_bad_ass_2907.html

translating weltanschauung is another thing

> The most accepted  and dominating language for global communication,
> the New
> Media and the Internet, represents, however, English.

english is very open source, unlike french, which sems proprietary to
me

"Bush Gives France 30 Days To Speak English"
http://www.theonion.com/

english is an a priori, de facto, fait accompli :-)

as someone said on usenet recently "English does not 'borrow' words
from other languages, it chases them down alleys, knocks them out, and
goes through their pockets. "

translate this: "if i told you that you had a beautiful body would you
hold it against me"