Article to be approved for syndicate

claudia westermann media at ezaic.de
Mon Dec 2 12:32:09 CET 2002

hello

>Dear moderator

I should change the web templates soon .. tse .. moderator ...

>of syndicate mailing-list
>I'm not a member of this list and do not wish to be, but could you
>please post this as a reply to a text which was posted on your list.

I forwarded your message to Syndicate

you can post to syndicate at anart.no even if you are not subscribed.
the message will be approved then.

>Thanks in advance.
>Mouchette.
>http://mouchette.org
>===========================
>

>I've been reading this and I wanted to reply with a few points, not
>particularly directed at the writer of this text but to anyone who is
>tempted to give any credit to these arguments.
>Where is it mentioned that Mouchette's web pages (whether they be
>seducing attempts or not) are directed towards a male grown-up? Aren't
>they meant for any web visitor, male, female, of whatever age?

yes, but how do you direct, who is primarily visiting the page and
for which purpose ?

>What if the addressed visitor is a female? Can we still speak of
>encouraged pedophilia?

shouldn't one be aware when one creates a work there that one cannot
restrict the access to a certain audience (the good one ?) ?

>If so, is it still mainstream?

see above and

I wished awareness was mainstream.

>What if the visitor is of the same age? Is it still regarded as an offence?

I am just assuming that you think of a visitor who suffers form being
abused.  ?
( so in this case ... as one knows that these children in most cases
do not dare to speak about what is done to them
and they feel alone as well ... for they do not know others who could
tell them how to defend themselves ... it is the intention to tell
them hat they are not alone ....  ? )
it does not make sense to me. wouldn't one choose different
aesthetics in this case ?

huh .. and the suicide ?

yes, it is possible to tell children that a suicide is a way out.
I wouldn't do so.

>We have here the evidence that the writer of this text is building
>arguments unaware of the fact he's using his personal interpretation of
>the web site.

>Confusing facts and fictions, the writer is clearly
>elaborating around personal fantasies.

ohhh, I have similar personal fantasies, I guess. My personal
fantasies are that I know two persons who were abused during
childhood. One male, one female. I think I do not need to tell about
the damages to those children. I also do not need to tell probably
the reasons why in both cases the aggressors were not judged. It is
extremely frightening why and in which ways society protects these
aggressors.

>And that he most probably is male and grown up doesn't improve his case....

I am probably rather grown up. and female.
As Eryk stated, he thought it quite interesting that there are
obviously more grown up males who are willing to accept the work
without asking too many questions about the consequences of such a
work than females.

>Mouchette
>http://mouchette.org
>
>PS: Is this text published online somewhere? I would like to know the
>link in order to mention it on my CV.

the Syndicate archives are publicly accessible
http://anart.no/sympa/arc/syndicate/2002-11/msg00237.html

claudia