New Work by Séamas Cain

Silva Gadelica Press silvagadelicapress at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 19 19:49:38 CEST 2002

NEW WORK by Séamas Cain
***********************

     "THE DAFFODILS" - a performance-work by Séamas Cain - was performed at
dawn on August 19th, 2002, in the Sculpture Garden of the Walker Art Center,
in Minneapolis, Minnesota.  The script for the performance may be examined
at <http://seamascain.writernetwork.com>.

     "FREE PARKING, a performance-work" by Séamas Cain - written for Varsha
Nair and Savinee Buranasilapin, in conjunction with their Art Installation -
was presented on August 14 through August 31, 2002 at the Art Gallery of the
Centre of Academic Resources for Chulalongkorn University in Bangkok,
Thailand.  The script for the performance may be examined at
<http://seamascain.writernetwork.com>.

     "SEATURTLES" - a performance-work by Séamas Cain - was performed at
dawn on August 10th, 2002 by Mary Roe O'Neill at the sea-level megalith of
Creevykeel in County Sligo, Ireland.  Mary Roe O'Neill spoke the words of
the script.  Then - ritually, throughout Creevykeel - she guided the
audience in a hunt for seaturtles!  The script for the performance may be
examined at <http://seamascain.writernetwork.com>.

     The "Poems of Séamas Cain" web-site has been accepted for inclusion by
the OCLC NetFirst and WORLDCAT.  WORLDCAT is the largest library and
cataloging database in the world.

     Eight new poems by Séamas Cain are included on the "UPLAND TROUT"
web-site, at <http://www.is.net.btinternet.co.uk>.  "UPLAND TROUT" -
directed by Jay Woolrich - is based at Leicester, England.

     We thank the "GREATWORKS" web-site - directed by Peter Philpott, and
based at Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire in England - for providing a link
to the "Poems of Séamas Cain" web-site.  "GREATWORKS" may be examined at
<http://www.greatworks.org.uk/links.html>.

     We thank the "SURREALISME" web-site - directed by Willem den Broeder in
Amsterdam, Holland - for providing a link to the "Poems of Séamas Cain"
web-site.  "SURREALISME" may be examined at
<http://www.surrealisme.nl/tekst/linksn.htm>.

     We thank the Revista Virtual de Arte y Cultura "ESCÁNER CULTURAL"
[directed by Isabel Aranda, and based at Santiago in Chile] for providing a
link to the "Poems of Séamas Cain" web-site.  "ESCÁNER CULTURAL" may be
examined at <http://www.escaner.cl/escaner38/escalink.htm>.

     We thank the Periodico "CNT" [based at Granada, Spain] for providing a
link - as ARTISTAS SOLIDARIOS - to the "Poems of Séamas Cain" web-site.  The
Periodico "CNT" may be examined at
<http://www.periodicocnt.org/275ene2002/comunicados/index.htm>.

     We thank "IRISHSEARCH" - based in Belfast, Northern Ireland - for
providing a link to the "Poems of Séamas Cain" web-site.  "IRISHSEARCH" may
be explored at
<http://www.irishsearch.net/links/Arts_Humanities/Literature/Poetry/>.

     We thank "BROWSE-IRELAND" - based in Dublin, Ireland - for providing a
link to the "Poems of Séamas Cain" web-site.  "BROWSE-IRELAND" may be
explored at <http://www.browseireland.com/Art/Literature/more2.html>.

     We thank Floreal Rodríguez de la Paz - of SIEMBRA, based at
Alcoy-Alicante, in Spain - for his advice and encouragement.

     Yours for new creativity,

     Rob Fairmichael and Patrick M. Cain

     for SILVA GADELICA PRESS