[Marc Garrett's Writings]

furtherfield info at furtherfield.org
Sat Aug 3 19:09:53 CEST 2002

Blank[Marc Garrett's Writings]

Featuring

Sleazy Art meetings
Stories
Critical Text
Poems/Prose

A chance for you all to see various text antics by

Marc Garret all in one place. It will infuriate you,
make you laugh, make you think, cry, smile & wonder.

http://www.furtherfield.org/mgarrett/mgw/index.htm

Marc Garrett is an Internet artist, writer, street artist, activist, curator, educationalist and musician. In a constant state of being renascent. He share's no allegiance to any one form of art or expression. 'For me, art, or rather creativity, is an intuitive strategy that involves learning, questioning, progressive thought and putting playful explorations into action'.

Emerging in the late 80's from the streets exploring creativity via agit-art tactics, Marc declares his own and humanity's seemingly perpetual dysfunction. Consciously using unofficial platforms such as the streets, pirate radio, net broadcasts, BBS systems, performance, intervention, events, pamphlets, warehouses and gallery spaces. In the early nineties he was co-sysop with Heath Bunting for Cybercafe BBS.

Marc Garrett is CO-director and cofounder, along with artist Ruth Catlow, of the net arts collective furtherfield.org & furthernoise.org. And has embarked on many projects involving various communities internationally and locally. Also more recently has been Making waves with the Internet based electro-punk band 'Ouch! Those monkeys'.

'Exploring the processes of being creative via constant reevaluation of ideas & intentions, I use myself as the medium, I am the tool...'