FW: '9 11'

salty texto at mediamanics.com
Wed Aug 14 09:02:32 CEST 2002

----------
From: Antonio C Pinto <antonio.c.pinto at risco.pt>
To: Ricardo Dominguez <rdom at thing.net>, Quadrum_artists
<antonio.c.pinto at risco.pt>, Quadrum_en_int <antonio.c.pinto at risco.pt>,
Quadrum_pt_es <antonio.c.pinto at risco.pt>
Subject: '9 11'
Date: Wed, Aug 14, 2002, 4:18 AM

--
'9 11'

to all artists and no artists:

a major destruction of human beings, capital and matter has occurred in
America last september 11th

there are contradictory reports about it's responsibility, nature, causes
and consequences

the global media event it's inquestionable

are we in the middle of a  "clash of civilizations" (Samuel Huntington)?

are we all participating (counsciously or uncounsciously) in a "time war"
(Rifkin)?

what really happened out there?

did contemporary art (conventional fine arts and all the other arts, mainly
new media, code art and net art) reflected this event in their works, some
way or another?

by 2002.09.11 (until September 18th), in Lisbon, at Quadrum (no art
gallery), a collaborative workshop and exhibition will take place under the
subject matter:

--war and terrorism:::what can artists do?

--it will be like an healing process
--it will be like a critical "rendez-vous"
--it will be like an information gathering
--it will be the result of a networking process

--our site will display a net-mapping of artworks done around the world on
this subject matter

--our physical space (the old art gallery) will display documentation

--if you have done any work related to 9 11 please let us know about it

--if you know any artists that have done or are doing interesting works
related to this matter please do forward this email to them

best,

Quadrum, the old art gallery stripped by her bachelors, même.
http://www.galeriaquadrum.com/

+if you don't want to receive my mails, if you don't like my nails, please
send me an empty message with 'remove' in the Subject box. No hard feelings.