___ R E A L T O K Y O MAIL MAGAZINE Vol. 74___

Tetsuya OZAKI ozaki at blue.ocn.ne.jp
Fri Apr 26 04:51:00 CEST 2002

  R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____4_26_2002_Fri_vol.75___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) RealCities
Vol. 016: Glowlab

(2) Tokyo, 4 Weeks
Carsten Nicolai Exhibition

(3) Tokyo Culture Diary
Vol. 028

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 57 events
including 13 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) RealCities Vol. 016

Glowlab's inaugural exhibition and other projects relating to the Free Biennial

Founded by artists Christina Ray and Krou (Patrick Krouchian), Glowlab is a
Brooklyn-
based gathering of artists, musicians and writers. The group is organized
as a changing
collective in which invited new members present their work each season on
the Glowlab
website and in group exhibitions. The first such exhibition, titled Open
Lab [01], is taking
place now in Brooklyn and runs through early May as part of the Free Biennial.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/english/cities/f_cities.htm

(2) Tokyo, 4 Weeks

Parallel Lines Cross at Infinity: Carsten Nicolai Exhibition
by Hariya Shusaku

Carsten Nicolai - also known under the aliases "Noto" and "Alva Noto" - is
showing
his works of art in a solo exhibition at Tokyo's Watari-um (Watari Museum).
For Nicolai, who has accomplished a hybrid stance that can't be fully
grasped neither
from the musical nor from the art side, it is the first occasion to display
his works in a
solo exhibition in Japan.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/4weeks/0068-hariya.htm

(3) Tokyo Culture Diary

February 16 (Sat)

I'm visiting Soup design for COMPOSITE's design check. We're having a
renewal for
issue vol. 26 (on sale from 3/12), with art director Nakajo Masayoshi, and
Soup Design's
Ohara Fumikazu and Graphis' Kojima Seiko doing the design. Since
Nakajo-san's office
doesn't own a single Macintosh computer, the design work is mainly done in
the Soup
office, and today Nakajo-san joins us for a meeting there under the
direction of Ohara
and Kojima. Nakajo-san is a veteran designer who is known from his work for
Shiseido's
"Hanatsubaki" magazine and the Shiseido Parlor, but his fresh way of
thinking and his
surprisingly reckless ideas don't show a single sign of aging.

Read more at:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/composite/0028-sugatsuke.htm

Next week on RT:

- Out of Tokyo

- Tokyo Visitors' Book

- Presents

and more…

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and convenient
for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us opinions or
productive suggestions concerning contents, structure, layouts,
etc. Three especially lucky readers who send a mail to
info at realtokyo.co.jp.
will be chosen and receive a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

---PR------------------------------------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners on
our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get lots of
hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy information
on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events in town.
Please contact the following email address for dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to change
your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received by
email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2002 REALTOKYO