[syndicate] bweep bweep I'm an artist

Se][wo][man.tic netwurker at hotkey.net.au
Fri Apr 19 00:48:19 CEST 2002

At 02:06 PM 4/18/2002 -0500, John M. Kuykendall  wrote:

> >Although I found mez to be very emotional about various things at
>times,
> >probably the most human of these artists/people/persona and very
> >communicative at times as well..I have also enjoyed some of the text
>that
> >mez has put out into the net as well. There is defiantely a conscious
>mind
> >working away there that is
> >informed/intellegent/political/compassionate...many are not any of
>these.
>
>I do not disagree, I have seen some good stuff from <it>

till now i really haven't been bothered n.gaging in this...... as john, yr
][*][ini.tial confront|attack-thru-sarcastic-drivel post then open dialogue
call seemed 2 indicate most of the multilogue that would follow [& yes, it
did].......

1st, in geophysical terminology i'm a *she*, not an it.....
2ndly, i'd prefer if u could list x.amples here....wot 'good stuff' of mine
did u *c*? my code.wurks? the object-mimicking|oriented web-dilution
projects ? wot made it 'good stuff'? or is this where u trot out the
obligatory bail-out clause of "i'm only concerned with my own
craft/WASP-derivative practice, & therefore have no obligation 2 actually
absorb & hence offer valid critique regarding an.other artists practice"
line (after offering surface throwaway comments regarding a genre u
obviously have had very little x.posure 2?]

do u have any depth perception commentary 2 offer on my wurk? practice?
dispersal & connectivity delivery methods?

>but I have also
>seen stuff that looks to have been fished out of one of Oprah's book
>club books.

again, i'm keen 2 have x.amples here?

>Truisms and new-agey hocus pocus with a pinch of William
>Gibson thrown in.

heh. have had my stuff described like this b4, but with a fair bit of
rigorous analysis thrown in, unlike here......
just curious [as i have 2 decide whether 2 align yr feedback along a
"useless" or "thoughful" axis] if u can break down this _new-agey hocus
pocus_ term? i'd lurve u 2 offer yr opinion on how my net.wurks actually
reflect a Gibsonesque leaning?

yr use of Gibson [white guy print(deadtree)-stereotyped cyberpunkish
template] as a comparison point is telling, n.deed....u can't c Cadigan in
there? Perhaps Dement? or even da Rimini?
Have u absorbed any data about code.wurking?  i'd like 2 kno yr thoughts on
the genre.......

>In fact, it occurs to me that <it> must've been a big
>fan of the genre and simply wanted to make the romance of the "ghost in
>the machine" a reality. Too bad, though, that we see the supporting
>wires so easily.

.....gimme a hint here....these support wires...i assume yr referring 2
form, 2 certain medium-specific elements....how in yr opinion, does
mezangelle reflect this?

w][r][o.mantically,
mez

  net.wurker][mez][