[syndicate] re: internet pioneers

Peter Luining email at ctrlaltdel.org
Sun Apr 14 13:04:23 CEST 2002

some remarks about the book internet pioneers:

this book is build around interviews of people
and in that sense you get ofcourse not everything.

btw N5M is mentioned, further I agree that desk.nl and V2 are missing,
but think that something like ACSII is missing too, especially when
you look at the central thesis of the book. Montevideo is what it says:
a video based institution that had up till short little to do with the
internet.

I don't understand your remark about xs4all, but the book
offers the history of xs4all, how it came out of the local
hackers movement, etc. Besides that you'll find interviews
with people involved in DDS, Doors of Percepetion, Mediamatic,
xs4all, etc. So the book covers quite a lot of ground, but
as I said above, I agree that some things are missing. Still
I think the book is not a bad start in trying to give an
impression of Dutch internet history. Or better, there is
at least a starting point now.

Peter