thinking and doing Documenta11_third segment

anna balint epistolaris at freemail.hu
Fri Apr 5 13:28:23 CEST 2002

 Press Release

April 5th, 2002-MM

thinking and doing Documenta11

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen, dear Colleagues,

Today, we would like to invite you to the third segment of thinking and
doing Documenta11, which is
organized in cooperation with the Art Academy in Kassel.

The series thinking and doing Documenta11 aims to render more
transparent the conceptual and
organizational processes of Documenta11 and to motivate a discussion
about the historical, social,
and institutional conditions for contemporary artistic production.
thinking and doing Documenta11
also functions as one element of the education/training for the members
of the Documenta11 Visitor
Service.

The public lectures take place at the Art Academy Kassel/Audimax,
Menzelstra_e 13-15, D-34121
Kassel. The program is as follows:

Monday, April 15th, 6 p.m.:
Gilane Tawadros*, Director, Institute of International Visual Arts,
London:
Notes from the Magnetic Field: Contemporay Art in an Era of
Globalization

Tuesday, April 16th, 6 p.m.:
The Art Academy Kassel invites artists of Documenta11:
Thomas Hirschhorn

Wednesday, April 17th, 6 p.m.:
Boris Buden, Political Essayist, Vienna and Zagreb:
Political Conflict as Art: the Case of Yugoslavia

Thursday, April 18th, 6 p.m.:
Mark Nash*, Visiting Lecturer, Visual and Environmental Studies, Harvard
University, Cambridge
and Co-Curator Documenta11:
Art and Cinema: Some Critical Reflections

Friday, April 19th, 6 p.m.:
Marianne Brouwer*, free lance curator and writer, Amsterdam and Otterlo:

Politics in Exhibitions and Politics

thinking and doing Documenta11 will be continued in May:

May 6th-12th, 2002
mapping the exhibition

We are looking forward to welcoming you in Kassel.

Please do not hesitate to ask for any questions you might have.

For now, with best regards,

Markus M|ller
Director of Communication
Documenta11