___ R E A L T O K Y O MAIL MAGAZINE Vol. 72___

Tetsuya OZAKI ozaki at blue.ocn.ne.jp
Fri Apr 5 03:20:01 CEST 2002

   R    E    A    L    T    O    K    Y    O    MAIL MAGAZINE
_____4_5_2002_Fri_vol.72___________ http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

[This Week's Index]

(1) REALTOKYO Kansai Music Special
Part 3

(2) Out of Tokyo
Vol. 034

(3) Tokyo, 4 Weeks
Holger Czukay Japan Tour 2002

(4) Presents

This week's RT Picks:

art+cinema+music+stage+design+town = 47 events
including 11 new ones!
Plus new entries on our 'book/disk' page.

Check them out!

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

(1) REALTOKYO Kansai Music Special part 3

In the last volume of our special to introduce the musical peculiarities of
Kyoto, Osaka,
and the rest of the Kansai region, we introduce former Dumb Type member, Toru
Yamanaka, as well as the "Spotlight" event and label.

For this and a long interview with Rei Harakami, please check:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/english/kyoto/kyoto-menu.htm

(2) Out of Tokyo vol. 034

Expectations from Mori Building

by Ozaki Tetsuya

I visited an event with the title, "Chi no Live House (Live House of
Knowledge)," that
was hosted by Mori Building the other day. "Chi no Live House" was held at the
occasion of the twenty-seventh graduation ceremony of "Ark Toshi Juku," an
institution
for lifelong education that was founded by Mori Building in 1988. Aiming to
create a
"flea market for 'knowledge' and 'learning'," the education/study facility
"Academy Hills"
was then established in 1996, with "Ark Toshi Juku" as its centerpiece.
The management, council and program committee is made up of prominent names,
such as celebrity professors from Tokyo University, Keio University and Waseda
University, as well as leading architects, town planners, designers, and
others.

Read more at:
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/column/ozaki34.htm

(3) Tokyo, 4 Weeks

On the Peak of Normal: Holger Czukay Japan Tour 2002

by Andreas Stuhlmann

When talking about Holger Czukay, the word 'krautrock' usually pops up.
While this
still applied somehow to his old mothership, Cologne-based band Can, Holger's
own music totally refuses classification. If Can was rock, then Holger's
job was the
experimenting part of looking for 'something interesting' to add and give
it more
spontaneity. Since his brilliant 1979 release "Movies," that rang in
Holger's post-Can
solo career, one could say that he eliminated the 'rock' element out of the
'rock +
something interesting' combination, to keep doing what remains here -
'something interesting.'

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/4weeks/0067-andreas.htm

(4) Presents

We still accept applications for the 12" maxi singles by NXS, and Hoppy
Kamiyama's
IMPROG CD-R. Also still available are tickets for a preview screening of "KT."

To apply and for further information, please see:

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/en/present/present.htm

Next week on RT:

- Tokyo Visitors' Book

- Tokyo Culture Diary

and more…

In order to make REALTOKYO even more interesting and convenient
for you, we rely on your feedback. Please send us opinions or
productive suggestions concerning contents, structure, layouts,
etc. Three especially lucky readers who send a mail to
info at realtokyo.co.jp.
will be chosen and receive a little gift.

http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/

---PR------------------------------------------------------------

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

REALTOKYO is looking for advertisers wanting to place banners on
our web site and/or in the mail magazine. Banners will get lots of
hits from people attracted to a web site full of catchy information
on cinema, art, music, theatre and other fun events in town.
Please contact the following email address for dimensions and costs.

ad at realtokyo.co.jp <mailto:ad at realtokyo.co.jp>

Please click the URL below to stop receiving email and to change
your password.
http://www.realtokyo.co.jp/scheduler/f_configure_en.htm
Users must go to the page above to make changes to their services;
REALTOKYO regrets that it is unable to process changes received by
email.

No part of the text or images from this site may be used
without permission from the publisher.

Copyright 2002 REALTOKYO