oops: [syndicate] voices

Claudia Westermann media at ezaic.de
Thu Apr 4 17:33:36 CEST 2002

>and Allen,

oh well .. letter mix .. (encryption ?)

pardon

Alan

>do you know how these actions get justified on a basis of the Thora ... am
>really wondering .. ?
>(do you now this book ? ... hm .. I guess you do not need to read it,
>because you know about these things...
>Jewish Rituals and Symbols by Rabbi Simon Ph. De Vries / the articles have
>been published by a Rabbi in Holland before the WW II meant as an
>introduction for Non-Jews to Jewish religion ... de Vries later has been
>killed in Bergen-Belsen ... not sure in how many languages it has been
>published .. got a German version .. reading this, I actually think that
>the military actions by Israel should make every Jewish believing person
>sick ... really wondering how this gets together .. )

and regarding this

>The work in which I manipulate Holocaust images as a way of making people
>aware in the ways in which the israeli govt have and continue to
>manipulate the Holocaust for there own political ends (almost always at
>the expence of the palestinians),

hm ..
my encounters with "Jewishness" (Holocaust implemented) in the US were
pretty confusing and both of them I did not think to be "reasonable"
attempts for understanding

the first was some 15 years ago, when I went to a Jewish Theater in NY and
was told I should not speak until we left this place again ..

the next was some 3 years ago, that I was asked to help out for a
renovation (rather a re-organization) of a Synagoge in NY .. the other
extreme .. (as a lesson quite teaching for me ... but not a very "sensible"
idea, I thought, somehow)

am by the way not thinking that it is a problem, which only appears in
relation to the "Holocaust" .. would think this a general problem of how to
behave with "supposed enemies", hurt, identification ...