[7-11] [ot] [!nt] \n2+0\

Nmherman at aol.com Nmherman at aol.com
Sat Sep 29 00:39:15 CEST 2001

In a message dated 9/28/2001 8:12:36 AM Central Daylight Time,
integer at www.god-emil.dk writes:

> Aarhus, Denmark

In Denmark those from Aarhus are considered to be buffoons, hicks, of a
gentle sort, goofy and not very intelligent.  There are "Aarhus" jokes.

Anyone feeling OK?  A little?

Idea for book--"Money has a Direction/ The Direction of Money", maybe just a
novella or nonfiction montage.  The idea being that money in capitalism is
actually a megnet drawn into the future by the image of its own value.  Money
invested is a prediction, a storyline, literally a script of "how things
should be."  A stock is a picture of what the future will be like.  If you
buy a stock, you are buying a picture of the future.

Your money will want this picture to be true.  In that case your money would
be increasing its value, the only goal money has of its own.  When your
government is dedicated to the protection of your money, the picture you
bought is even more literally a self-fulfilling prophecy.  I think this is a
good explanation of where the Darkness is for Joseph Conrad.

I think of these things as traps now, disasters waiting to happen.  If you
write a book about it and call it The Direction of Money, will the corporate
press exalt you?  Especially if you DO make sense, good sense for all.

Imagine high school kids studying "The Direction of Money," their parents
being against the new writer named "Thomas Hellborn" for his talk of the end
of an era.  The parents find it joyful that their own daughters and sons can
jolt them with their conviction.

How well have so many cultures described the apocalyse?  How meanly have we,
we defenders of history?

Just a few ideas, bon appetit, votre frere Max