from Istanbul 2/5BZ

anna balint epistolaris at freemail.hu
Fri Sep 14 10:56:07 CEST 2001

From: oktay aksan [mailto:oktayaksan at yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: 2001. szeptember 10. 11:24

.The 2/5BZ group-project has been set up in 1986,.It
made audio tapes,
collage video
films,stickers,cdr,photocopyzines,posters,..
and performed concerts (sometime one person , sometime
seven person-
playing tape,sampler,anatolian
saz,darbouka,electronics,drums,speech,vocals,..)

>From 1991 on,2/B5Z published its products by itself.In
a way , tried
to create its own media and copied/distribute or
sometimes trade
these products under very simple circumstances.

2/5BZ NEWS ; 2/5BZ  played in Switzerland tour 28 july
- 8 august 2001 between.
it  played traditional,electro,experimental mix.
also thinking mini europa tour in this autumn.

my some gigs in swiss happened great ;    29 july and
4 august in ego
 it happened ego squat/bar from zurich
http://www.egocity.net/photo.php?imgid=323 FLYER  29
july
with 2/5BZ montage films.
http://www.egocity.net/article.php?sid=343
http://www.egocity.net/article.php?sid=341> dj  serhat
köksal and rose,erdbeer,.. 4 august
program ego july
http://www.egocity.net/photo.php?imgid=215

ego critics for me ; '' the old friends who did not
see each other for a long time met at your concerts ''

http://www.basic.ch  2 august geneva with eric boros .
it  is internet archive in  '' live cast ''
02.08.2001
 live stream 90 minutes in this radio.
traditional,experimental,improvise sounds in basic
live gig .
 direct live stream address ;
http://live.basic.ch/ram/live010801.ram       Serhat
Koksal , Eric Boros

bosch bar 6 august it happened full people  program
with persian girl dj shirana with 70's pop
sounds  from iran.
and  mix  and improvise sounds. FLYER JPEG ATTACHMENTS

bosch critics for me ; '' the bar has not been so full
for a long time ''

http://www.baeckeranlage.ch/2-5bz.html  3  august this
open air my concerts deleted. because
happened  rain.but available some 2/5BZ info this
address

lochergut disco illegal party 5 august.

 2/5BZ tracks played in opposition the phase radio
show from lille
  france in july 2001. OPPOSITION DE PHASE:An
avant-prog, creative and new musics radio show
 <http://petit.sebastien.free.fr/play.html> 05 / 07
/2001

web - info ; http://www.2-5bz.com

NEWS ; 2/5BZ in free form radio WFMU from New York .
in WFMU's
Heavy Pleayed Recordings -
New World List - 2 May and 18 May 2001 .
 http://www.wfmu.org/Playlists/Wfmu/top30.010502.html
and
 http://www.wfmu.org/Playlists/Wfmu/top30.010518.html
also in
Ken Freedman ,
Brian Turner ,
Monica ,
Charlie Lewis'S playlist. <<http://www.wfmu.org>>

also you can listen 2/5BZ tracks from this web.>

  WHICH 2/5BZ TRACKS ( diffrent styles); .

 1- 'TAHAM AN' - (Track 13)
    in Brian Turner's playlist 15 May 2001
   AND TRACK REAL AUDIO TIME ; 01:26:00/03:00:00,0
   http://www.wfmu.org/playlists/shows/216

 2- 'BBAM'
    in Ken Freedman's playlist 25 April 2001
  AND TRACK REAL AUDIO TIME ; 01:35:14/03:02:34,2
  http://www.wfmu.org/playlists/shows/195

 3- 'KURTULUS YOK'
     in Charlie Lewis's playlist 30 April 2001
    AND TRACK REAL AUDIO TIME ; 0:41:50,2/03:01:25,7

http://www.wfmu.org/Playlists/Charlie/char.010430.html

 4- 'MALKOCOGLU/BATTALGAZI ve OGLU'
  in Monica's playlist 4 May 2001
  AND TRACK REAL AUDIO TIME ; 41:16,2/02:59:11,9

http://www.wfmu.org/Playlists/Monica/ml.010504.html

  contact ; P.K.55 Suadiye 81070 Istanbul - Turkey

  web - info ; http://www.2-5bz.com

2/5BZ made first radio interview with John Peel in
Istanbul
for World Service
and it received critics   '' Of all the music I heard
in Turkey ,
I liked 2/5BZ best ''

some John Peel Playlist from internet with 2/5BZ
tracks.

 2/5BZ     'SAKA ETMIYORUM'(i'm not joking)
 http://www.avistic.demon.co.uk/1997/38.txt

 2/5BZ      'OPUA DISIN'
 http://www.avistic.demon.co.uk/playlists/1998/05.txt

 2/5BZ     'YOKMUS/VARMIS'
 http://www.avistic.demon.co.uk/playlists/1998/12.txt

 2/5BZ    ''KURTULUS YOK''
 http://www.avistic.demon.co.uk/1997/47.txt

2/5BZ    ''MALKOCOGLU/BATTALGAZI and HIS SON''
http://www.avistic.demon.co.uk/1997/38.txt

and played with Tim Hodgkinson in Istanbul 1999.
http://www.churchofgrob.com/Churchofgrob/CATALOG/GROB102/grob102.html