Call for Proposals: Visualeyez

anna balint epistolaris at freemail.hu
Mon Oct 29 20:11:07 CET 2001

Call for Proposals: VISUALEYEZ -- a festival of performance and
time-based work

The third annual VISUALEYEZ will occur 23 to 31 May 2002, and will be
presented in various sites throughout Edmonton.
The thematic/curatorial focus will be my body or yours? an exploration
of the dichotomy between public and private space and the body as a site
for opposition. As we are presented with fewer choices in the world,
there is an overt, yet subtle desire to create a branding of the
individual as a catalyst for change. Is this an attempt to oppose the
corporate Big Brother (who watches for marketing trends) or a
re-appropriation of the personal as political in a world where few
things are personal anymore?
The official deadline is 02 November 2001 and the proposal should
include:
- A detailed project description or description of your work
- Artist statement
- Curriculum vitae and Biography
- Video or tape, slides (max.10), or other documentation of previous
performative work
- Technical needs and other assistance
- Return postage

Send proposals to: