immeGRAZ: The Real, The Desperate, The Absolute

anna balint epistolaris at freemail.hu
Tue Oct 2 12:18:26 CEST 2001

From: "Marina Grzinic" <margrz at zrc-sazu.si>

THE REAL, THE DESPERATE, THE ABSOLUTE: SYMPOSIUM & EXHIBITION
SYMPOSIUM & EXHIBITION on art systems, narratives of power, strategies of
implosion, perspectives on disasters, objects as monsters, activism.

CURATOR/Concept: Marina Grzinic, Ljubljana
REALISATION: Eva Ursprung/Forum Stadtpark and Marina Grzinic
LOCATION: Forum Stadtpark Graz, Austria part of the Steirischer Herbst
project 2001, Graz Austria

“The true horrors today are not horrifyingly violent projects in art, as
they function, paradoxically, as a protective shield that is fantasized as
such, protecting us from the true horror ­ the horror of the abstract
positioning of East and West, North and South, art and economy, state
terrorism and activism.” (M.Grzinic)

5 October 2001 from 12:00 ­ 18:00
SYMPOSIUM
Participants:
Branko Dimitrijevic (YU)
Ekaterina Dyogot (RU)
Natasa Govedic (HR)
Nebojsa Jovanovic (BiH)
Suzana Milevska (MK)
Edi Muka (AL)
Marina Grzinic (SLO)
Moderator: Georg Schöllhammer (A)

EXHIBITION
7.10 - 4.11.2001
OPENING: 6 October 2001 at 19.30
WITH PERFORMANCES/ACTIONS/PRESENTATIONS
19.30
Performance: Vlasta Delimar (HR) Mature Woman
Beginning at 20.00
Action: IRWIN (SLO) Privatization of Time
in collaboration with the Austrian Army
Performance: Balint Szombathy (H/YU) Chimneys (Gone with the Wind)
Presentation: 0100101110101101.ORG (I) You are now in my computer!
Performance: Ilija Soskic (YU/I) with Brunilda Lekunda (AL) Black Heart
The artists taking part in the show deal with radical projects on truth and
representation, the politicization of everyday life, pornography and the
medium, Internet projects, conceptualism, social activism and analysis of
the system of art.

Artists in the exhibition:
0100101110101101.ORG (I)
association Apsolutno (YU)
Vlasta Delimar (HR)
Uros Djuric (YU)
ECLIPSE (SLO)
IRWIN (SLO)
Sejla Kameric (BiH)
Ivana Keser (HR)
Ilija Soskic (YU/I) with Brunilda Lekunda (AL)
Balint Szombathy (H/YU)
Zaneta Vangeli (MK)
& a project on SYSTEM/FICTION/SCIENCE entitled:
P O R T R A I T S ­ From the Collection of Drawings an Amateur Artist Made
on His Travels Through a Mysterious and Faraway Land (New York MM)
FORUM STADTPARK GRAZ
STADTPARK 1, A-8010 Graz
T/F +43 316/ 82 77 34
email: forum at mur.at
http://forum.mur.at
Opening hours of the exhibition: Tuesday ­ Sunday: 14.00-18.00; Thursday
until 20.00.