i want to share you

intima atom at intima.org
Fri Oct 12 03:07:13 CEST 2001

[ i want to share you - what are you doing to me? ]
"quero partilhar-te - que me fazes?"

http://www2.arnes.si/~ljintima1/share

net art project
created by igor stromajer - theory by bojana kunst
intima | virtual base, 2001
http://www.intima.org

created for:
Porto 2001 - Capital Europeia da Cultura
http://www.porto2001.pt
"Thought, Science and Interdisciplinary Projects"
International Conference on cyberculture - Ligaçoes/Links/Liaisons
http://www.porto2001.pt/ligacoes
Serralves Museum (Porto, Portugal)
October 29th - November 2nd 2001

special thanks to:
maria teresa cruz, josé bragança de miranda, barbara pia jenic
hernandez, bojan golcar, manuel damasio, eunice goncalves duarte

october 2001

[] [] [] [] [] []

(very emotional)

I am fully equipped for the highly emotional experience. I disappear
deeper and deeper into the whiteness of the landscape, with the
sites opening in the subtle and repetitive rhythm of images, voices,
and music. Everything is short, clean, just the basics. I travel through
the emotional labyrinths that emerge from the intestines of linked
networks. I share the rhythm of these parallel, flickering landscapes
revealed in front of me, intriguing me, seducing me with their
spaceless speech and imagery. No emotion, just a glimpse of it, no
feeling, just the pain of it, no happiness, just the sound of it, no talk,
just the word of it, no passion, just the climax of it. The intimate
landscapes play with my illusions of mobility, possession and
boundlessness, surprising me with their inner history and touching
me with their surprising analogies. A network of liquid emotion, a
fusion of the visible and the invisible. The bonds between the
incongruities and spanned incommensurables may seem playful,
but they are not innocent. Playfulness is just a mask for a very
serious adventure taking place at the intimate landscapes. There is
a clear threat of emotional attachment. Who provokes me and who
gets provoked? Who fills me with lust and who is lustful? Who is
mobile and who is frozen? Danger resides in the intimate link.

Danger resides in the intimate link. What happens if the Other loves
us too much?