[Syndicate] traces

mia mia at fiftyfifty.org
Thu Oct 11 17:49:37 CEST 2001

on everyday life...

Everyday life is the measure of all things: of the
(non)fulfilment of human relations; of the use of lived time; of
artistic experimentation; and of revolutionary politics.
Debord

But we are unable to seize the human facts. We fail to see them where
they are, namely in humble, familiar, daily objects. Our search for
the human takes us too far, too deep. We seek it in the clouds or
mysteries, whereas it is waiting for us, besieging us on all sides.
Lefebvre

...In this space, where everything is meant to be seen (as in "Big
Brother", other reality-TV shows, etc.), we realize that there is
nothing left to see. It becomes a mirror of dullness, of nothingness,
on which the disappearance of the other is blatantly reflected (even
though the show alleges different objectives). It also reveals the
possibility that human beings are fundamentally not social. This
space becomes the equivalent of a "ready-made" just-as-is (telle
quelle) transposition of an "everyday life" that has already been
trumped by all dominant models. It is a synthetic banality,
fabricated in closed circuits and supervised by a monitoring screen.
Baudrillard

if you know links to interesting texts written about everyday life
please send to mia at fiftyfifty.org
gracias

\///

m.