[syndicate] Rise and Decline of the Syndicate

Andrej Tisma aart at EUnet.yu
Tue Nov 13 20:10:31 CET 2001

A very touching report on Syndicate history, indeed. But listmasters
should have admit some of their faults too, for their full right to
mention the word ethics.

Since I am mentioned personally in the report, and I am thankful for
former listmasters' understanding for keeping me on Syndicate all the
time (unlike Nettime), I want to stress once more: yes I was expressing
my anti-Western and anti-NATO attitude, and I am doing it still with the
same intensity. But in that very vivid artistic and political engagement
my aim was never to defend "Milosevic regime" (in the same logic I could
claim you defended Clinton's or Schroeder's regime on this list), but
rather to oppose Western, mostly American neoimperialism,
interventionism and globalization, like many progressive Western
intellectuals do. In that aim I had and still have a great support and
admiration by numerous people world-wide, specially on the West. Even
now when "Milosevic regime" doesn't exist, you might remark that my
activities didn't stop or change, and that they are maybe even growing.
Also the support for my engagement and art is growing, and with time and
new Western violent, arrogant and inhuman activities the statements I
was publishing on the list seam to get more proofs.

This is what I wanted to say. And about reasons of Syndicate's "decline"
you should also ask yourselves, if it was right to leave the list in the
most difficult and sensitive moment, or you just felt that your
mastering is under reasonable questioning, which you couldn't endure.
Regards,
Andrej