Achim Wollscheid - concerts/performances and a call for participation

Claudia Westermann media at ezaic.de
Fri Nov 2 13:08:28 CET 2001

Achim Wollscheid

Chicago

Nov 9/10/11
The ESS Outer Ear Festival
Hyde Park Art Center
HPAC is at 5307 South Hyde Park Blvd.
www.expsoundstudio.org

Dear Friends,

Achim Wollscheid is doing an installation/performance at the Hyde Park
Art Center as part of the Outer Ear Festival of Sound on Nov. 9, 10,
11. It allows for the participation of other musicians, narrators,
performers, etc. to input live sound into his system, which then
interprets the signals as controls for a lighting setup outside the
gallery. I'd like to know if you, or anyone else you know, would like
to participate. I'm afraid we cannot pay you for this, but it sounds
like an enjoyable interaction. If you are interested, please send an
e-mail to me and to Achim, and please tell me which dates and times you
can make it (multiple appearances are OK!). Technically, it will be a
simple setup with a small mixer and one or two mics.

[ editors addition:
Wollscheid at tfm.uni-frankfurt.de - www.selektion.com ]

NY

Friday Nov 16th
9-10 pm
WKCR 89.9 FM
Saturday Nov 17th
Diapason
1026 Six Avenue, #2S
(between 38th & 39th Street)
New York, NY 10018
(212) 719-4393
www.diapasongallery.com

 >as to what I'll be doing on the 17th...
I guess I'll be using audience/visitor's sounds (again....) -
the piece is called "(partial) connective memory".Along with the storing and
re-playing of voices/sounds which will be triggered by the momentary
sounds/voices, some electrical aplliances in the space will be activated in
different rhythms and patterns<

[ Achim tells me, that there is still a date missing in some cinema in
Milwaukee.
...well... ...  so in case might check local press... ]