ubermorgen ist Samstag

Claudia Westermann media at ezaic.de
Thu Nov 8 22:55:11 CET 2001

>>btw you also have verybusy.org
>
>not too busy,
>very fascist

interested.
why fascist ? there is apparently no selection...

and this verybusy is anyway ... well actually, hm.. trying to access
it's only telling me, that it's busy.... very funny

well, it does not make any sense to me to have something like this ...
( not because it's not accessible )

it's a flee market ... rather use a search engine

>f.

in case one does selection
it's like building a gallery or a museum

besides of the big question how this selection is made
( and looking up, who is consulting rhizome ... you get a slight idea )
it seems to me, that it's taking out the net or web works from their
context and putting them into a different one...
assuming,
that they are not made for a gallery or museum, just using the surface of
the web...

actually thought, that net or web art is about leaving this traditional art
market circuit
appearing here and there in normal day life ... and that way asking very
differently

maybe I am wrong with that

>being cataloged is to be understood

you assume that the one who does the catalogue understands...
well, certainly in her or his way ....
( but you have this problem with all art theory ... it could be also a
problem of the consumer, much more than that of art theory ... taking one
opinion as the truth ... I read this much more in a way asking questions
about the writer than taking it really as explanations to an art work ...
well, but this actually only makes sense, when you are interested in the
writer or her / his context ... )

unless there are very many catalogues without hierarchical order to each other
( link lists on web pages are something like this )

>+ killed.

could be..   at least you know in which way ;) ... could be an advantage
if you do not think too much about it, it does not even make life too
uncomfortable ..
as an artist ... just make another art work out of it ... ;)
but I see the problem that it could lead to a pretty enclosed circuit ... hm...
.... the next art work ..... again ...

and one conclusion: art theory makes art

unless you just do not care ... but maybe then it's not art ... ?

?

claudia - somehow trapped