Asci - Artsci Symposium Webcast

anna balint epistolaris at freemail.hu
Thu Dec 20 18:12:04 CET 2001

[It is always great fun to listen to Joe Davis - who  "was a sculptor and bike mechanic
in Mississippi before he walked into M.I.T. uninvited in 1982 and walked out
(the same day) as a research fellow in visual studies..." Here is a opportunity to see
his lecture at Artsci Symposium. It is a real pleasure to recommend it to fellow syndicalists,
greetings, ab]

Art & Science Collaborations, Inc. (ASCI) webcasts a symposium on collaboration.

Art & Science Collaborations, Inc. (ASCI) is pleased to announce that their recent
international symposium on collaboration (ArtSci2001 Symposium, November 2
- 4, 2000 New York City) will be "webcast" from their website thru:
December 31, 2001.

Go to www.asci.org and click on the ArtSci2001 icon. This will bring you to
the event web-segment.

KEYNOTE  ADDRESS-
This was by Joe Davis, artist in residence at M.I.T. with his long-time
collaborator, Dana Boyd, lecturer and molecular geneticist at the Harvard
Medical School, Boston. Length: 2 hrs. [in four parts]

SATURDAY" & "SUNDAY -
Click on each day for separate Program Schedules.
Clicking on each image icon on the page will link you to Presentation
Details: art-sci project descriptions, short bios of presenters, and their
contact information. This will help you decide which presentations you are
interested in viewing.
Then click on each small video camera icon to stream that specific
presentation. Mostly 20-minutes in length [some over] The images are kind
of fuzzy [that depends on the specific speed of your Internet connection],
but all the sound and ideas are clear.
Thanks to the generous support of the Rockefeller Foundation and the
efforts of www.artstream.org, we are able to share the video documentation
of this unique event. Please forward to your colleagues!
THE  ARTSCI  INDEX -  We hope that you will participate in the ArtSci INDEX
[an online "match-making" tool for nurturing collaboration]. The feedback
forms we've received so far are from a fascinating and diverse range of
artists, technologists, and scientists. We'd like to see yours :)
www.asci.org/artsci_index.html

ASCI is a 13-year old, non-profit organization based in New York City that
welcomes your membership and/or tax-deductible contributions to help
sustain our small organization and its programs. We publish an excellent
monthly info-resource for the field [a benefit of membership] called the
ASCI e-BULLETIN.  A sample copy is online. To learn more about ASCI, join
or donate online via Paypal.com go to: http://www.asci.org/about/about.html
or email Christoph Mayer at: info at asci.org

Envision peace,
Cynthia Pannucci
Founder/Director of ASCI
[13-yrs.service to the art-sci-tech field]
www.asci.org