[syndicate] photos of afghanistan

Claudia Westermann media at ezaic.de
Wed Dec 12 23:59:59 CET 2001

Hi,

>Interesting now that liberation of women  is being used to justify the
>slaughter in Afgahanistan.

yes, had a similar impression.

>While stanmeyer shows images of the new found freedoms of women.
>CNN only manages to show us this.

actually I am a little bit surprised that CNN is not showing these kind of
images of the liberated women for justification ...

>(see attachment)

( hey ;) ... seems the attachment was small enough ... so it went through
to the list ...
.. hm .. if possible would be better to provide a link to images ( next
time ) .... )

did you have a look at the other 'photo-essays' they have there ?
this one for example
http://www.time.com/time/photoessays/crossfire/index.html
somehow I am feeling completely uncomfortable with the cleanness of the
photographs
maybe because they are so perfect in a way. showing on the other hand very
brutal scenes or 'facts' but because the way they are taken I somehow get
the impression that the people photographed turn into actors for a scene or
a piece of art in a way ...
( a moral question ? business ? )
  ... still thinking not so sure ...

>alan