[kfor] Fwd: dan flavin in frankfurt

claudia westermann media at ezaic.de
Mon Mar 27 16:07:48 CEST 2006

Sir

>not the video the installations !, I know very
>weell Dan Flavin work since over 20 years !

well ..

>the video is not good, but it's giving quite a
>good perception about the installation and how
>it's delaing with the windows, the corners of
>the apartment

I doubt it is possible to say anything about the
specific work shown, on the basis of this video
for the simple reason that in general there is a
subtleness in Dan Flavin works. In very general
terms he is interested what is resistant to a
transfer.

>On the other hands, I can feel in your question
>childish attitude and arrogance:

I guess
your feelings belong to you. I am not jealous.

>"are you just well trained
>>in joining the chorus of the art market audience"
>
>1- Dan Flavin is not anymore a star in art
>market audience and is really cheaper than
>koons, peyton, doig, offili, chapman and so on
>so on....
>2- You seem to look people down by thniking they
>don't have any brain, and you judge them without
>knowing anything about them, by thinking they
>are ships ...
>3- You know Dan Flavin, nobody know him today in
>the young generation neither weiner, carl andre,
>donald judd ! The young generation are much
>incolved in classical media and matters...
>You should look "art now" 2 published by
>taschen, this a good example, or surf on
>http://www.artprice.com and then you will be
>able to say clever things about art market and
>criticize it on the right way...

bon, I have seen Dan Flavin works in various
museums etc... in recent years. It is not that
difficult to find.
I definitely prefer looking at works instead of
looking at images in books. The kind of book you
mention does certainly not belong to my list of
"most wanted" books.
I prefer to read and I do not think about ships.
Sometimes I like to ask questions.

>And finally you should learn how to use a cam
>corder to shoot good installation and focus the
>right things and not the air around it, instead
>to bother a mailing list with has been artist
>and bad clips ;-)
>
>.-)

I would like to mention that you obviously missed what is not even a detail
i.e. I am not responsible for the video.
In fact, there is no relation between me and the video.

You may want to read the previous messages again.
It may be helpful to read the Headers of the
messages as well.

I also would like to mention that the video is
possibly not meant to be a documentary work about
an installation, but this is just one guess ...

>Valéry

I will possibly have the opportunity to leave the
last word in this issue to you.

Claudia

             I like to leave.